Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's Go Chiefs! {Kansas City Child and Family Photographer}

Yesterday I finally met a celebrity....an honest to goodness NFL player....Kansas City Chief's Tight End, Sean Ryan.

Sean came out to the downtown library to kick off the Junior League of Kansas City, MO's Hooked on Books campaign. Sean is the new spokesperson from the Chiefs for the Hooked on Books collection.

The Hooked on Books campaign is starting its 12th year and runs Sept 29-Oct 31, 2009. The program gathers new or gently used books for KC-metro kids who might not otherwise have access to books at home. Over 800, 000 books have been collected and given to children by the program.

I was invited to this event by the Junior League of Kansas City, Mo, and was so inspired by the League members, Sean and the Chiefs and the kids who were present, that I have set up a drop-off for YOUR new or gently used books here at the Studio. I will collect the books through Oct 25 (can bring them to the Halloween Bash!) and deliver them to the Junior League after that date.

So, lets show the Chiefs that the Northland is behind them! Bring me your books!

(Oh, and visit: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/30/chiefs_te_sean_ryan_helps_kids_to_get_hooked_on_books/

to read the Chiefs article and see my picture of Sean and the kids....)






No comments:

 
Who links to me?