Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Womens Only Self Defense Seminar....please come!

I am taking Krav Maga which is an Israeli martial arts course. We are not only doing great conditioning but every class contains valuable self defense drills. I feel fantastic, empowered and strong!! I cant stress enough how amazing it feels to take down an "attacker" twice my size with just a few well-placed punches, kicks and twists!

This Saturday, March 19 from 1030-1230 pm, my instructor in Krav Maga is holding a Womens Self Defense seminar. He will be demonstrating tactics, combatives, drills and strategies for dealing with all types of issues : Harassment, Abuse, Rape Prevention, bullying and male intimidation! It will be fact-driven (serious but not a downer...we all know most men are amazing...we have great husbands, boyfriends, brothers and bosses!!), action-packed (wear comfy clothes, you will be training!) and you will leave EMPOWERED!

Imagine walking to your car from the grocery store and some guy 2x your size grabs you by the ponytail and starts to pull you into his van...do you know what you would do? I didnt...we ran that drill and I immediately panicked! I thought I was cool under pressure, but I folded! Didnt scream, didnt set my body weight, didnt do ANYTHING! Had that been an actual attack, I would have been taken. Luckily my instructor taught me the defense and we ran it again....until its muscle memory....until I dont have to "know" what to do...,my body just does it!!

You dont have to be super-fit (heck Im certainly not!), super strong or super-agressive. We all know bullies pick on people smaller than they are....dont be that person!

Learn to protect yourself AND your children! Teach your kids that Mom is strong and confident!

I hope I see you all on Saturday! I cant wait!!!

RSVP required, but if you just want to email ME, thats a good RSVP too....I can let them know you are coming!

If you are a KC Premier Martial Arts member, this is a free seminar. If not, its a $20 donation to their charity, Premier Kidz Foundation.

More info: www.kcpma.com or 816-746-5728 KC Premier Martial Arts is located at 1847 NW Vivion Road in Riverside (2 doors down from the old studio location)

No comments:

 
Who links to me?