Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Something different (Kansas City Portrait Photographer)

So I woke up from a dream last night (strangely my dream was about tuna fish which I can't explain but did have for lunch today bc of that dream) and while I was falling back to sleep I had an idea!

Here's what I want to do.....most of you remember when I did Portrait Parties several years ago...I met a lot of you that way. I want to bring BACK the party.....but instead of me taking your kids pictures, I'm going to teach YOU to do it.

Lets face it, most families have a nice DSLR or two now.....and although it does just fine on auto, that camera can do more! And I wan to show you what it can do!

So what this will entail is :

A hostess (or host, I'm not trying to be sexist here) to have the party at their home. Provide the guests and the snacks/drinks.
A 2 hour time slot (can be weekend or weekday or evening).
Each guest needs to bring a DSLR (or a film SLR if anyone besides me still owns one), lenses and a notebook for note taking!

What I will teach you:

What all those settings do
Iso/shutter speed/aperture
Depth of field: what it is and how to exploit it
Metering natural light
How to find good light
Creativity in your pictures

The cost for this intensive 2 hour course is $100 per person. The minimum party is 5 attendees and the maximum is 10. The host/ess does not pay the course fee.

Let's get started everyone!!!! Who will be first? I'm excited....

And hungry for more tuna......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be the first!

 
Who links to me?