Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Beauty

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thats what they say anyway. Recently I have been photographing a lot of High School Seniors. Gorgeous ladies with the whole world just waiting for them! I envy their youth and time, time which shouldnt be wasted.

Wasted how? Wasted by feeling badly about themselves. I hate hearing "I am fat"...."I hate my nose"..."I look stupid". I am looking at a fantastically wonderful woman and she hates her pictures b/c she has fallen victim to some inner voice that overpowers her self-confidence with BS!!!

I try to tell them, really I do. How in the real world there are people who cant wait to cut you down, make you feel ugly and stupid and worthless. Why help them out by doing it to yourself? Become comfortable in your own skin, learn who YOU are, not what you see in others. People project their own insecurities back on you!

These are things I've learned. It isnt that I dont remember being 17 and feeling the same way....but once I understood what a waste of time it was, I really wanted to go back and get that time BACK!!! But, I cant.

Today, I challenge you to do this: take 5 minutes, stand in front of the mirror, smile at yourself. Find something you LOVE about yourself. And spend 5 minutes complimenting yourself on that.

For me today, I think its my insight. Have to go find a mirror now.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?