Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mom gave me...{Kansas City Maternity, Newborn, Child and Family Photographer}

a Louis Vuitton bag for my birthday a couple of years ago...its one of those cute little bags that all my crap wont fit in, so I rarely carry it. Instead I buy knockoffs by the dozen..

The other day I was scrounging in my closet for a belt when I saw the LV bag on the shelf....I got it down and really LOOKED at it...and realized what I have been missing by not appreciating the true luxury of this handbag.

It smells expensive (b/c it is)...like real leather and suede (b/c its real leather and suede)
It has a gorgeous shape which is still perfect (b/c its well made)
It is a timeless style (who doesnt know real Louis?)
Its luxurious and elite (not an "everybody can afford" item...its special)

So while I was thinking about how I could transfer my 10 lbs of junk in my current bag into this one, I was also thinking about how my Studio is like that bag (no, not small and you cant fit into it, but if I dont start hitting the gym, that might become the case)...

A Robichaud Photography experience is a luxury....its something (I hope) that you invest in because its special...its a designer label, not a knock off. We are real leather and suede and silk and good wine. We are fun and we are laughter, we are bonds of friendship and we are almost-family.

I look around at Kansas City and its numerous photographers, and for sure there are clients for everyone....but I hope that when you are ready for YOUR "Louis" in Portraiture, you choose based on wanting luxury and not just what everyone can afford.

Dont be seen with a knockoff anymore....you deserve the real thing!

xoxo~

1 comment:

Kimberly Hill said...

Be the Louis, baby... be the Louis.

 
Who links to me?