Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trashing the Dress

So there is this new trend in wedding portraiture called Trashing the Dress (KC people may have read the article in the Star last week about it). Now, I'm no wedding photographer, but I *do* have a wedding dress just sitting around.

So my friend Dena came to visit last weekend, and being a photographer herself (http://www.denasorensen.blogspot.com/), she knows the importance of trying new things. And she was braver than I was...she actually ended up LYING DOWN in the MISSOURI RIVER for some shots. I refused to allow her to put her hair in that though.

So, here she is. She is wearing my dress, so forgive the pins/tape and occasional bra strap showing...not everyone is an Amazon Woman like me ;)


And yes, one of me. Dena shot it, I only processed it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. The shots are beautiful and so interesting. Saturday was a perfect day so clear, crisp and the skies were so perfect. We made it to Red Robin after the pool. Yum! Let's get the kiddos together before the big day. I would love for you to shoot my two when time opens up for you. I guess I was too shy to accept such a generous gift. Chat later. Best regards.
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Susan you are so talented! I really enjoy your blog! Everyone has loves your pictures of Hadley and can't wait for you to capture their children too! The girls and I are looking forward to catching up!

Hugs,
Heather

Tawnya Gagnon Photography said...

Hey Susan,
I really like the shots where you can see your pink high tops! (ya, she posted those on her site) The shots in the water are actually really pretty, not too trashed.
So if I put on my wedding dress and do a trashy shoot.. can I throw the silly thing out? FINALLY!!! :P

Tawnya Gagnon Photography said...

I really like the shots in the water. Love the shots on Dena's page where you can see your shoes!

 
Who links to me?