Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It is not OK

This is mostly aimed at the photographers who frequent my blog. 99% of them, totally decent, honest, hard-working and ethical. This post is not for them. This post is for the 1% who think its OK to steal from my site.

Its NOT OK to "borrow" my wording.
Its NOT OK to "paraphrase" my text
Its NOT OK to lift my BIO and slap it WORD FOR WORD ON YOUR SITE (this was done by Debbie Parrish of Debbie Parrish Photography in Gilbert AZ. If you go visit her web site at www.dpfotoaz.com, you can read MY PERSONAL BIO hijacked onto her site.

When I find out that you have stolen from me, I will out you publicy if you do not respond to my emails/calls. I have forwarded all screen shots of stolen, copyrighted work lifted from my site to my lawyer, the Professional Photographers of America and your web hosts. Most web hosts will drop you for copyright infringement, did you know that? I found that interesting.

If we have sent you a Cease and Desist letter, be warned that we are not playing around. I am taking this recent rash of theft from my site way more seriously. Taking my BIO was over the top and inexcusable.

I hope Debbie Parrish enjoys the slew of mail coming her way.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

6 comments:

Stephanie Layne said...

Well said Susan.

Stephanie Layne said...

Well said Susan

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has had the priveledge of having Susan take their kids pictures knows in their heart, that there is NO ONE out there who can capture what she does. It is so offensive to me that another photog would plagerize her, trying to pass off Susan's originality as her own. I hope everyone who reads this blog will go to *her* website (she doesn't even deserve any publicity by an acutal name) and tell her what you think of her. And if you, like me, take 2 minutes to look at *her* website, you see how she is SO NOT Susan. Not even in the same class.

Anonymous said...

I have been there. A photographer last year stole a phrase I use for my Specials. Which has been mine for 12 years. She lives across the street from me! I WAS LIVID when my customer brought up her website to show me. My lawyer wrote her a nice note telling her that she'll be in big trouble if she did not remove that immediately. She did. Thankgoodness. i hate that kind of trouble! Go you!! get her!!

Anonymous said...

Come ON, Susan...What are you thinking?!
Skip the lawyer. Kick her ass. :-)

Anonymous said...

Susan, boy, I CERTAINLY KNOW how you feel...violated and angry. This ripping of text is unspeakable, and not to be tolerated.

It also makes my blood boil when designs and ideas are stolen from me.

I'm forced to continue to come up with more original and unique styles.

It speaks volumes for the thief's sense of personal imagination, creativity, and originality...obviously, since none exists, it must be stolen.

Stay tough and true.

 
Who links to me?